Evolution explains the way things are. There is no God at work there, things happen according to natural rules (policy and general guidance). It’s a beautiful thing. Nature is the designer. Don’t be afraid to embrace Natural Design. Here’s why it’s OK to love evolution.
- Scientists are cool, crazy evangelicals are not.
- You will piss off crazy evangelicals (cool).
- You have a better chance of getting a good paying job (because you will automatically be smarter than the average person).
- A stylized fish with legs and a wrench is cute on your car.
- You will understand your doctor when he gives you health information.
- Change through time explains a lot about life.
- The zoo and natural history museums become tremendously more interesting.
- You won’t drive yourself crazy trying to figure out why God created parasites.
- You will have a small appreciation for even the worst things in life – like kudzu, MRSA and influenza pandemics.
- You can appreciate what is really important in selecting a “mate”.
- It’s not hip to be dumb and ignorant, for example – see George W. Bush.
- You view life as one big, interconnected web, through time, in which we are all related.
- Accepting things the way they are is a lot less stressful than living a lie.